This statement discloses the privacy practices for SuttonMass.org.com ("Website"). Because this Website wants to demonstrate its commitment to respecting your privacy and to build users' trust and confidence in the Internet, it has agreed to disclose its information practices. You can expect to be notified of:
- What personally identifiable information is collected
- How the information is used
- With whom the information will be shared
- This Website's opt-out policy
- This Website's policy on correcting and updating personally identifiable information
- This Website's policy on deleting or deactivating your name from our database
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to SuttonMass.org.com by sending an email to the SuttonMass.org.com Admin Team.
How We Collect Information
This Website collects information that falls into one of two categories -- personally identifiable information and aggregated information. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify you. Aggregated information is information that is not associated with a specific user, such as the number of people who visit the Website from various states.
We collect personally identifiable information whenever you voluntarily submit it to the Website. Examples of this type information include when you enter sweepstakes, create a message board account, or send us feedback. You always have the option of choosing not to reveal this personally identifiable information to us, although certain services may be unavailable if you do not. In the event of a complaint, we may also receive and collect personally identifiable information about you from other parties in our Website or from other users or third parties who may communicate information to us about you in relation to that complaint.
In addition, we collect and store statistics and other information about the online activities of our visitors on an aggregated (collective) basis. For example, we track the number of people who view each page, the order in which pages are viewed, and other information to learn which features are the most popular and to refine our design and marketing efforts.
Information We Gather or Track
Information on general usage and any optional personal details you provide to us will be used to provide you with enhanced features such as customized content, access to our Chat Rooms and message boards, and the ability to participate in any of our SuttonMass.org communities. The following are details of the information we collect:
- SuttonMass.org collects data so that we may display personalized content to our visitors. Additionally, usage information may be analyzed so that we can judge our system's performance or execute your customized features.
- Your computer reaches us via a particular IP, (Internet Protocol), address. This can tell us things like what part of the world you're connecting from. Or what service provider you are using.
- Your browser offers so-called "cookies" which -- if you allow their use -- store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. Cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. And when you re-visit our site, cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. However, cookies tell us nothing about you personally unless you specifically give us additional information.
- Our registration form asks for contact and demographic information used to send news about our products or promotional material from our partners. You will be able to opt-out of receiving any mailings. Demographic information may be used to customize the display of our site to you by showing content that we think might be of interest or related to your past visits.
- Surveys may ask for contact information or unique identifying information to increase the value of the results. Contests may require contact information or other demographic/personal information in order to determine your eligibility.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Both aggregated and personally identifiable information is used to operate and enhance our site and enhance your on-site experience by displaying content and marketing messages that we believe will be of interest to you.
Except as described below or otherwise indicated, we do not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties. On some pages where we ask for your personally identifiable information, we may tell you that the data we are collecting on that page will be shared with third parties. Information gathered from such pages may be shared with or sold to third-parties.
We produce aggregate reports for advertisers. For example, we tell advertisers how many people saw or clicked on an ad and additionally, how many people saw or clicked on ads in different portions of our service. Where available, we may offer additional information about viewer characteristics. However this does not include personally identifiable information about you or your online usage patterns. Our advertisers allow us to provide our service to you. In return, they need to know how to effectively place their ads to potential customers.
We use your email contact information to provide you with newsletters to which you subscribe. The newsletter you subscribe to will be the ONLY thing sent to you. You can choose to opt out of these newsletter mailings at any time. We never use our membership lists to send spam or advertising emails of any kind.
A separate account may be created to use our bulletin boards. The email address there will only be used to send you your bulletin board password if it is lost, or to send important updates about bulletin board functionality. Again, we never use any of our membership lists to send any sort of spam or advertising. They solely send out the information for which the member signed up for.
If you enter our on line sweepstakes, we may share or sell your personally identifiable information with the sponsor of that sweepstakes. We do so with the understanding that that sponsor will only use your information to contact you with further information on their products, and will give you an easy method of opting out of further contacts.
Some online activities necessarily lead to disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties, such as when you include your name and email address in a postcard. That information is solely used for the single purpose stated and is never stored or redistributed. For such activities, a separate warning may not be provided. Your choice to disclose personally identifiable information in these cases is voluntary.
SuttonMass.org may assign, sell, license, or otherwise transfer to a third party, your name, address, e-mail address, member name and any other personal information in connection with an assignment, sale, joint venture, or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of the assets or stock of SuttonMass.org or its affiliated entities.
Who Can Use Collected Information and How
- As mentioned above, we provide our advertisers with aggregate reports on advertising activity.
- Feedback is used both by SuttonMass.org staff as well as the individual Hosts for each of the SuttonMass.org Hosted sites. Hosts not only link to content from their sites and provide their own original content, but would have available to them any information that you send them directly. Hosts use of this information is bound by the principles and practices expressed here.
- Please be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information online, personal or otherwise, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, using chat, bulletin boards, or your e-mail, if you post personal information online you may receive unsolicited messages from others. SuttonMass.org will have no means to control this.
Controlling or Changing Your Information
The two member databases we maintain are for newsletter subscriptions and for message board accounts. Each of these databases provides clearly marked means of removing an account. Neither database is made available to any third party for any reason.
Cookies and Other Tracking Methods
If you provide any information on your own or directly to parties who provide service to the Website (such as WhoWhere?), any merchants in our Store or any other sites you encounter on the Internet (even if these sites are branded with our branding), SuttonMass.org Website privacy policies to not apply to the use or disclosure of the personal information you disclose to them.
Limits on Our Abilities
We cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. We may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. If we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can (and you authorize us to do so) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers where appropriate. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet.
We hope this policy clarifies our procedures regarding your personal
information. We at SuttonMass.org encourage you to learn as much as you can about your
privacy on the Internet. To learn more, visit GetNetWise at: http://www.getnetwise.org/.
About the Sutton Massachusetts Website